PHE Student Leadership Conference Grant
HPEC Grant for the PHE Canada Student Leadership Conference (SLC)
- Sponsorship of education pre-service teachers from education programs recognized by the Alberta Teachers Association (ATA)
- A $500 grant per student; receipts for registration and other costs related to attending the PHE Canada Student Leadership Conference (SLC) must be submitted to the HPEC treasurer upon return from the conference
- Allocation of funds will be contingent on the funds being available in the current year’s HPEC budget.
- The number of students to be sponsored will be a maximum of 4 students
- Full time student/pre-service teacher who is in their second year or later of a BEd program with an interest in health or physical education.
- HPEC member and a member of their ATA student local
- Secondary or elementary school focus
- Grant recipients submit an article for the HPEC Runner to the treasurer within one month of the SLC
- Student to complete online application form which requests name, institution, contact information and response to an open-ended question (in 250 words or less): How do you feel your attendance at this conference will impact your teaching practice?
- Students are to apply for the HPEC Grant for the PHE Canada Student Leadership Conference by completing this application by April 15.
- Grant recipients will receive notification by May 15.
- Grant to be presented to the pre-service teachers upon completion and submission of their article and submissions of receipts
- Names of recipients will be published in HPEC Runner